Senior Support Engineer
Our mission is to reduce from months to minutes the time it takes for law firms and legal departments to source, test, buy and deploy modern legal technology applications.
Founded in 2018, Reynen Court provides a platform - akin to an app store for legal technology - that combines a Solution Store featuring curated content about application vendors and their products together with a sophisticated software system that enables firms and in-house law departments to run cloud-based applications either on-premise or within virtual private clouds under their own control - thus giving them access to modern software solutions without having to sacrifice security or stability. The Amsterdam based company is supported by a consortium of twenty leading global law firms. More than 200 third-party application vendors are actively engaged with Reynen Court, with more than a hundred already under contract and currently present or working towards participation in the company's Solution Store. Clifford Chance, Latham & Watkins, Orrick and Nishimura & Asahi as well as global venture capital fund Ventech are investors in the company.
We are seeking a highly ambitious individual to serve as our Senior Support Engineer to lead and be the primary technical contact between Reynen Court and our law firm and legal department customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high growth startup with unprecedented access to the world’s leading law firms and corporate legal departments that are highly motivated to mitigate risk and seize a competitive advantage by accelerating their adoption of new technologies.
This position will report to our Global Director of Support and will be located in our Amsterdam headquarters. We are offering an indefinite contract, with a probationary period of two months. The position will require flexible working hours to accommodate customers in different time zones and may require occasional international travel. Package includes competitive salary, 25 days vacation, pension, and equity.
- Lead a growing team that serves as the primary technical contact and support between Reynen Court and its law firm and legal department customers
- Manage onboarding project plans and adhere to deadlines
- Spearhead installation planning sessions, customer installations, troubleshooting sessions, issue triaging – all while maintaining SLA commitments
- Co-own customer-facing technical documentation with the product development team
- Identify and improve technical support triaging - develop issue troubleshooting trees and knowledge bases
- Identify and communicate gaps in the process to senior leadership and work with the senior leadership to resolve them
- Identify automation opportunities related to health checks, infrastructure automation
- Maintain test beds for different versions of the product and on different OS flavors
- Champion infrastructure automation and set processes for the same across the organization
- Work closely with the Product Development team and drive field feedback for subsequent sprint plans
- Take a leadership role in hiring, mentoring, and developing junior engineers to grow the team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders (law firms and legal departments) in constructive dialogue.
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical / infrastructure / DevOps role
- Golang or Python as your primary work language
- Expert knowledge of bash scripting
- Fluency with different flavors of Linux, particularly Redhat, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Deep knowledge of networking fundamentals, network hardware, and software like load balancers, gateways, firewalls, proxies
- Experience with CI/CD processes, Git and Git workflows
- Deep knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Deep knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Chef/Puppet, SaltStack
- Deep knowledge of modern monitoring and logging stack like Prometheus, Fluentbit/FluentD, and ELK Stack
- Deep knowledge of AWS and/or Azure
- Willingness to work and the ability to thrive in a multi-cultural team spread across multiple time zones
- A background check will be required prior to employment
- Redhat certifications
- Cisco/networking certifications
- Kubernetes certifications
- SSO and Active Directory configuration