Chief Technology Officer
We are building a cloud services automation platform that makes it fast, easy and secure for major law firms to adopt and manage artificial intelligence, smart contract and other new technologies. Backed by a consortium of leading law firms as well as influential investors, we aim to play a leading role in a rapidly advancing transformation of the practice of law.
Our platform enables law firms to efficiently utilize a broad range of cloud applications while maintaining a single, secure hosting and storage solution for all firm and client content and data. The platform offers application vendors clear, consistent integration APIs and automates provisioning, service configuration, customer self-management, mediation and rating, multi-model and multi-currency billing and reconciliation for cloud applications. The platform also enables a consistent, state-of-the-art approach to application training and support.
We are seeking a highly ambitious Chief Technology Officer to build and lead a world-class team of software engineers. Our platform will be based upon the latest advances in software and infrastructure architecture including the Cloud Native, Containers and Micro Services movements and related platforms and tools such as Kubernetes and thus we expect this VP to be both passionate about and well versed in these critical subjects.
This is a high reward opportunity to become a founding member of an entrepreneurial management group with unprecedented access to $2-4 billion revenue law firms that are highly motivated to mitigate risk and seize competitive advantage by accelerating their adoption of new technologies.
The position will report to our Chief Executive Officer and, ideally, is based in our Amsterdam headquarters, although working remotely or out of our US office are also possibilities.
Package includes competitive salary and benefits plus significant equity.
- Contribute significantly to the design, architect, building and support of a complex and robust services automation platform inspired by the most modern approaches to software and infrastructure architecture.
- Help set and implement technical vision and product road-map.
- Recruit, organize and inspire multi-cultural team of software, data and infrastructure engineers.
- Implement security and data integrity solutions meeting the highest enterprise standards.
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in artificial intelligence, block chain and other technologies.
- Participate in the evaluation and incubation of new legal tech applications.
- Drive analytics agenda, leveraging datasets to inform business recommendations.
- Build progressive learning culture.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in full stack software engineering with proven ability to recruit and manage geographically dispersed teams delivering highly scalable multi-client SaaS applications.
- Strong understanding of modern software architecture and technical infrastructures (including cloud, on-premise and hybrid data centers) and in particular of the evolution of Cloud Native/Containers/Micro Services in the enterprise marketplace.
- High degree of credibility and acumen in respect of security and data integrity.
- Experience with agile development technologies, tools and processes.
- Conversant with respect to artificial intelligence and block chain.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set; self-starter, strategically focused, with attention to detail, good business judgment and excellent organizational skills.
- MBA or PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing Cloud Native/Micro Services applications.
- 5+ years of experience developing multi-client enterprise SaaS applications.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry where there is need for “bullet proof” IT (performance, security and data integrity.)
- Experience developing and maintaining consistent and usable APIs and complex data models.
- Experience working with application stores, subscription business models and billing automation.
- Experience developing and bringing to market innovative user interfaces and user experiences (including voice and mobile.)
- Previous early stage start-up experience.
- Familiarity with legal tech sector.