Chief Financial Officer
We are building a cloud services automation platform that makes it fast, easy and secure for major law firms to adopt and manage artificial intelligence, smart contract and other new technologies. Backed by a consortium of leading law firms as well as influential investors, we aim to play a leading role in a rapidly advancing transformation of the practice of law.
Our platform enables law firms to efficiently utilize a broad range of cloud applications while maintaining a single, secure hosting and storage solution for all firm and client content and data. The platform offers application vendors clear, consistent integration APIs and automates provisioning, service configuration, customer self-management, mediation and rating, multi-model and multi-currency billing and reconciliation for cloud applications. The platform also enables a consistent, state-of-the-art approach to application training and support.
We are seeking a highly ambitious executive to serve as Chief Financial Officer and play a key role in our corporate and strategic development while also overseeing our overall financial and accounting processes.
This is a high reward opportunity to become a founding member of an entrepreneurial management group with unprecedented access to $2-4 billion revenue law firms that are highly motivated to mitigate risk and seize competitive advantage by accelerating their adoption of new technologies.
The position reports to our Founder/CEO and is based in our Amsterdam headquarters.
Package includes competitive salary and benefits plus significant equity.
- Work closely with the Founder/CEO in driving the organization’s development and growth across all aspects of the business.
- Lead our efforts to establish competitive pricing models for our products and services and establish proper terms for our contracts with vendors and law firm clients.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated financial forecasting tools.
- Own the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process as well as long-range strategic planning.
- Communicate the company’s strategic direction, financial results, etc. to relevant audiences (e.g., company updates, investor updates, board updates and materials.)
- Lead future fundraising efforts.
- Oversee accounting team and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly close process.
- Interact with accounting, tax and other external resources, including full financial audit.
- BA degree with academic record of achievement demonstrating strong analytical abilities.
- 7+ years of experience in financial management, investment banking or consulting.
- Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Mastery of operational and financial modeling / valuation analysis.
- Willing to build from scratch and improve on initial processes.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and manage others with ability to work in cross-functional teams and successfully manage projects to completion.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving high growth environment, balancing multiple challenging priorities on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set; self-starter, strategically focused, with attention to detail, and good business judgment.
- MBA degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- Prior experience as CFO or VP Finance.
- Demonstrated track record successfully scaling an early stage, fast growing organization.
- Superior software and systems acumen and skills.
- Experience with SaaS business models.